Imagine waking up every morning to the silent sounds of the Costa Rican jungle. Imagine falling asleep every night to nourishing darkness, resting in a beautiful and minimalist jungle tree house. Picture each day being filled with love, support, movement, silence and nourishment. Visualize a retreat surrounded by sisters, filled with ritual and sacred practice and encompassed with nature, spiritual shifts and deep emotional opening.
Whether you are coming for some rest, in search of a transformative yoga/adventure retreat or really need support to move through your body image story- this adventure is for you.
Duration: 7 Nights
February 25 (in San Jose)
February 26th-March 4th (at The Sanctuary, Tambor, Costa Rica)
Where: An all-inclusive Eco-Resort nestled in the Costa Rican jungle
What: Transformational Holistic Lifestyle Retreat
Food: Local, Organic, Sustainable, Plant-Based, Ayurvedic-design
When: February 26th-March 4th (1 night in San Jose February 25th)
Includes: Holistic Nourishment, Ritual, Yoga, Transformative Writing, Emotional Exploration, Holistic Nutrition, Psychology of Eating, Body Image Conversation, Life Purpose Design, Surfing, Ayurveda, Waterfalls, Sunrise Hikes, Beach Time, Photography, Healing Sleep, Nature, Intention Ceremonies, Product Partnerships.
RETREAT DETAILS (ALL INCLUDED IN COST PER PERSON)
- One night stay at 3-star hotel in San Jose
- Transportation from San Jose Airport to Hotel on Feb 25th and Hotel to San Jose Airport on March 4th
- Six night stay in a luxury tree house at The Sanctuary at Two Rivers, Costa Rica
- All meals at The Sanctuary included (all gourmet, organic, local, plant-based)
- Tambor entrance tax
- Vehicle transportation from Tambor airport to The Sanctuary
- Morning yoga classes
- 24-7 access to healing swimming pool
- Guided river hikes to Waterfall (+Vision Quest Ritual)
- Sacred waterfall wellness ritual
- Full day at Santa Teresa Beach
- Sound Healing Gong Bath
- Private nighttime Screening of inspiring documentary film in Yoga Pagoda
- Daily content and workshops led by Chloe Elgar (topics including):
- Intuitive eating & the psychology of eating
- Body Image and body freedom
- Spiritual awakening
- Writing as a form of expression and healing
- Ayurveda & ritual
- Individual Soul Portrait Sessions
- More TBA soon!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BOOK:
Flight to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) on February 25th, 2017 (arrive on February 25th)
Nature Air round trip flight from SJO to Tambor (8:40am OR 10AM flight) on February 26, 2017, and returning flight March 4th, 2016 (9:20 AM or 10:40 AM, depending on flight connection). Please leave an hour and a half between your connections at SJO airport on the way home. When booking with Nature Air, choose your ticket price by expected luggage weight.
- Locos (15 lbs checked baggage + 10 lbs carry on)
- Promo (27 lbs checked bagage + 10 lbs carry on)
- Flex (40 lbs checked baggage + 10 lbs carry on)
- Group dinner on first night in San Jose (at 7pm based on arrival times of all guests to San Jose).
- Tourism in San Jose (should you arrive early)
- Spa treatments at The Sanctuary ($75-125)
- Zip line tour with waterfall plunge in Nicoya Peninsula
- ATV tours
- Surf lessons in Santa Teresa ($50)
- Lunch in Santa Teresa ($20)
- Recommended tip for The Sanctuary housekeeping and chefs ($60)
- Extra cash (USD) for shopping with local artisans
- Exit tax at SJO airport ($28)
- Tortuga Boat Trip
WHAT YOU MUST BRING:
- Journal and pen
- Preferred sun protection
- Hat and sunglasses
- Preferred bug repellent
- Headlamp or flashlight (iphone flashlight works)
- Casual outfits (jungle lounging), yoga clothes, jungle hiking outfits (shorts), light pajamas, long sleeves for evenings
- River shoes (Natives, Chacos)
- Snacks (protein/energy bars, trail mix, nuts and seeds, dried fruit)
- Shower supplies (conditioner, soap, shampoo)
HOW TO BOOK YOUR SPOT IN LIVING IN LIGHT RETREAT (4 SPOTS LEFT):
- Email email@example.com for space availability and price
- Log in to Paypal
- Click “Pay a friend”
- Send USD 500 deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot!
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE (EXCLUDING ANY DAY TRIPS TO SANTA TERESA BEACH, EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES)
7:00am: Organic coffee & tea, fruit, and morning silence/conversation
7:30-9:00am: Morning Cleansing Yoga Session (varying types from vinyasa flow to hatha)
9:00am: Organic Nourishing Ayurvedic Breakfast (examples include: Vegan French Toast with fresh Mango, Green eggs and yams, homemade morning glory muffins, Savoury Pancakes
10:00-1:00pm: Spa Treatments, Waterfall Hikes, Relaxation/Journaling, Body image/Intuitive & mindful eating Content with Chloe, Transformational writing Workshops
2:00pm: Organic Ayurvedic Lunch (includes amazing vegan dessert)
5:30-7:00pm: Evening Session (nutrition workshops, group life coaching and empowerment sessions, meditation and ritual, writing and creativity), evening yoga
7:00pm: Organic Ayurvedic Dinner
8pm onwards: After dinner star gazing, relaxing, film screening in pagoda, journaling
Learn more at The Sanctuary Costa Rica Website
Have questions? Get in touch with Chloe to find out more at email@example.com
Chloe Elgar is a Holistic Nutritionist, speaker, author, self-taught food photographer and natural food chef living in Vancouver. Chloe is the author of the book, Living in Light, creator of the podcast show, Conscious Conversations and founder of the personal brand and business, Chloe’s Countertop.
Chloe works with clients through her Living True Mentorship, as well as with groups to bring awareness and inspire conversation around body image, intuitive eating and the psychology of eating. Motivated through her own body image story and journey through eating disorders, anxiety and depression- Chloe is driven to change the way we approach pain and darkness and how we face fear in our lives.
Through unapologetic honesty Chloe moves through her life story of family conflict, emotional trauma and crippling self-love issues- in the form of sharing stories, motivational speaking and creative non-fiction writing. Through her own story of vulnerability and bravery, Chloe’s mission is to empower others to discover/rediscover their inner joy and light by embracing the contrast of darkness and light.
Chloe’s work and words is featured in various health and wellness publications including WellandGood and Elephant Journal, where she is a regular columnist.