So, clearly I couldn’t begin my podcast in Vancouver, without having Emily Von Euw of This Rawsome Vegan Life on. Not only is she a very well known cookbook author and food blogger- but she is also a very sweet soul and interesting person. Emily and I literally spend a few hours chatting after recording this episode about issues that reached beyond the theme of the podcast and more. However, fear not- this episode is filled with truth, vulnerability, joy and love. Thank you Emily for being a part of the podcast at such early days. Sending you lots of love!
Emily is the beauty and powerful lady behind the globally renowned blog This Rawsome Vegan Life. Emily’s vegan foodie journey started several years ago and she has since then published 3 incredible cookbooks:
Rawsome Vegan Baking, The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook & 100 Best Juices, Smoothies and other snacks which have all been best-sellers and are well known in the foodie space. Emily is not only a talented vegan chef and recipe creator, but she is also very well versed in health and wellness, nutrition and issues related to environmentalism and sustainability. Although Emily is vegan she practices a very gentle and non-invasive approach to her way of life which if anything speaks to the warmth and overall message of her blog.
– Emily starts withher background and story starting from how she got into raw veganism and the beginning of This Rawesome Vegan Life
– Emily talks about the people in her life who inspired her and helped her with getting started
– We talk about Emily’s cooking and recipe development process (how she creates a recipe and what it looks like in person)
– We talk about the process of an intuitive chef and how Emily works from her memory (and ways to correct a plant based recipe)
– Emily tells us about her process of creating a cookbook
– We talk about perfecting the process of a food blogger
– Does Emily still love what she does? She talks about it
– Why did Emily stop doing her videos and take down her youtube videos— she tells us exclusively
– We talk about body-shaming and Emily’s experience
– I ask Emily about why she talks about pms and menstruation and what’s going on with this social movement/changing the conversation
– Emily tells us about her experience with eating disorders
– We talk about the vegan community and the extremism and judgment that exists
– Emily talks about why she shaved her head
– We discuss body image, body freedom and identity
– We talk about intuitive living and the concept of restrictive living
– Emily talks about how grateful she is for her cookbooks and where she is
– The critical process and the importance of being compassionate in your own growth
Where to buy Emily’s books?
How can you get in touch with Emily?