Have you heard of the documentary, Dream Girl, yet? Well, from the day the kickstarter launched and I became aware of it- I was dedicated to staying connected to the project. Since then, I have kept a watchful eye on the project and connected with the creator and lady behind the amazing film, Erin Bagwell. From Marie Forleo, to Oprah, to the White House- they have made some major jumps in 2016 and I couldn’t be more grateful to have spent some time with Erin and Diana in the Dream Girl office in NYC to chat all about the journey so far. I hope you love it!
Erin is a filmmaker and feminist blogger residing in Brooklyn, New York. In 2013 she founded Feminist Wednesday, a feminist storytelling blog. In the summer of 2014 she launched a successful Kickstarter campaign, raising over $100,000 in funding to produce her first feature length film Dream, Girl. In May 2016, Dream, Girl screened at the White House as part of the United State of Women Summit followed by a sold out screening at the iconic Paris Theater in New York City. Erin’s story has been featured in Forbes, TED, Vogue, and The Washington Post and she was named one of Oprah’s SuperSoul100 a list featuring extraordinary individuals that live life intentionally, create great social impact, and bring inspiration to others. Dream, Girl is available worldwide for public screenings and was named the number one feminist documentary to watch by the Huffington Post.
- Erin talks about her journey to Dream, Girl
- What is feminist wednesdays?
- What was it like being on this project from start to finish
- Women in business
- Why is this story and message important
- Oprah’s Super Soul 100
- What is coming up for 2017
- What her partnership with Komal has been like- how did Komal become involved?
- Has Erin been doing films all her life?
- Where does she get her creative drive from?
- How does intuition play a role?
- A Year in Review Youtube video
GET IN TOUCH WITH ERIN: