I met Kate on my good friend, Emily Nolan’s retreat to Costa Rica. Kate was one of the first ladies I met and I was immediately infatuated with her presence and best of all, her laugh. Kate and I connected on our own conscious conversations throughout the retreat adventure and I knew I had to get her on the show when I got home. Behind the surface, Kate’s experiences have been incredibly colourful and her list of accomplishments is extensive to say the least. And it’s what she’s been through that makes her such a beautiful person, inside and out. I am so happy to share this conversation with you.
Kate Eckman is an empowerment coach, motivational speaker and author of the blog, Love Yourself, Love Your Life, sharing inspirational stories about self-love, healthy body image, personal growth, beauty and fitness. She is also a certified Reiki Master, QVC On-Air Beauty Host and Wilhelmina model.
Diagnosed with skin cancer on her forehead in her 20s, Kate has worked closely with the American Academy of Dermatology to promote early skin cancer detection and prevention.
She just launched her own skin care line using 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils that not only nourish the skin, but also rejuvenate and calm the mind and spirit.
Kate attended Penn State University on a swimming scholarship, receiving her degree in advertising and public relations. She went on to earn her master’s degree in broadcast journalism from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, and worked as a TV news anchor and reporter for nearly a decade.
Originally from Cincinnati, she now calls New York City home.
- Kate shares her story
- Kate talks about what brought her to motivational speaking, modeling and reiki
- What it’s like to be a “plus-size” model and what’s wrong with the term
- What is behind Kate’s career evolution
- The gifts behind Kate’s passion-based career
- The important message behind why you should get into a career
- Why money isn’t Kate’s driving force
- How Kate taps into other people’s vulnerability
- The different masks we wear and what is actually going on beneath the surface
- Going through losing loved ones to suicide
- Meditation and transcendental meditation
- Kate shares her relationship fears and stories
GET IN TOUCH WITH KATE
COSTA RICA RETREAT
Guess what? I am hosting a retreat at the Costa Rica location that we mention in this episode. Want to learn more?