In today’s conversation, I am joined by Sheleana Aiyana the co-founder and former CEO of highly successful online wellness business Young and Raw. Sheleana is a fellow Vancouverite and has always been on my radar in terms of business power-house, feminine goddess and health trend-setter. Today, for the first time, Sheleana and I get together to talk about her story, her businesses, entrepreneurism, and natural birthing. We spend the hour exploring the different faux-pas around health and wellness and why it’s important to push the limits and live authentically. I was really excited about this episode, selfishly, as I have been wanting to chat with Sheleana about fertility and her role as a doula for quite some time- based on my own limiting fears and stories around infertility and birthing as a result of eating disorders. It was a true pleasure to have Sheleana on and she is such a raw and honest guest- my favourite kind. Thank you Sheleana, looking forward to having you on again one day soon.
Sheleana is passionate about getting back to nature through real food and empowering women to walk the feminine path of self-care and deep self-awareness. She’s a birth doula in Vancouver, BC, founder of Rising Woman, intuitive culinary goddess and cat lady in the making. Sheleana is one of those people that you can’t help but always be curious about. In the Vancouver health scene, Sheleana is best known for the highly successful company, Young & Raw, a business that Sheleana co-founded several years ago. Since then, Aiyana’s work has extended beyond the vegan and raw scene into a complete wellness metamorphosis. She now works as both a business coach, natural birthing doula and all-around holistic mentor for many.
- Sheleana talks about her health story and what brought her to wellness
- Through her story Sheleana discusses the creation of her former company, Young and Raw
- Talk about her body image story and learning why her body would go up and down in weight
- Tells us about her background in entrepreneurism and how she began building businesses at a young age
- Her life growing up in the foster system
- We talk about the idea of ‘failure’ and how important and necessary it is in the growing process
- Her experience going from raw and vegan to eating meat and other animal foods
- Going from being the face of Young and Raw to making it a public company
- What is judgment-free health?
- Her experience transitioning to a different diet and connecting with what her body was craving
- Health extremism and making choice with the mind alone
- Sheleana’s experience doing Ayahuasca and her experience with sexual healing on past trauma
- Recognising her body for the first time and food anxiety dropping away
- Sheleana’s experience with body image and disordered eating
- Surrendering to your body’s needs and watching the weight fall away
- Sheleana talks about how she got into natural birthing and her role as a doula
- What is a doula?
- We discuss the conventional medical system and how pain-killers and pain-reducers remove us from spiritual experiences
- We talk about menstruation and the ritual and rite of passage
- What is body shaming and how it all relates
- Sheleana’s experience in relationships and the masculine and feminine connection
- What is a partner and what is a conscious relationship?
- We talk about passion and why a passionate life is so important?
- The importance of truth
GET IN TOUCH WITH SHELEANA